- Polycarbonates are a particular group of Thermoplastics.
- The Most Common Polycarbonate is one made from Bisphenol A.
- PC bottles (unfilled and filled ) exhibited NO CHANGES in volume, height, circumference after storage test at 45°C.
- Very High Durability appx 60 -80 Cycles.
- Storage tests at 45°C with unfilled and filled bottles showed a volume lost of 2 - 4 % after 10 days with significant haze.
- Containers are soft.
- Wash cycles resulted in continuous dimensional changes (volume, circumference, height).
- PET bottles showed a strong re- crystallization independent from wash cycle, in especially bottom and neck area.